Assistant / Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Van Elle Limited is a well established specialist geotechnical engineering contractor. We are currently looking for the following position to join our busy workforce at our offices in Kirkby, Nottinghamshire.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant/Graduate Quantity Surveyor to assist the Commercial team across the business to reduce commercial risk and manage the commercial aspects of our projects.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To submit and manage monthly payment applications and variation accounts to customers.
- To Review contractual documentation and assess risk profile
- To negotiate an agreeable contractual position with clients that protects the companies interests
- To update and produce monthly cost reports and assess the profitability of projects
- To assist in updating and maintaining live client contract files
- To issue information internally and to clients
- To liaise with finance department on cash collection and invoicing
- To arrange and attend various contractual and financial meetings
- To compile and issue commercial handover packs
Skills & Experience:
- Qualification in quantity surveying and commercial management preferable
- Good level of competency in Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills at staff and management level
- Above average organisational skills
- Experience working in the construction industry would be an advantage
- Approachable persona
- Adaptability and time management
If you are interested in the above position please apply in writing, enclosing a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and current salary details, marked Private & Confidential to:
Employment, Van Elle Limited, Summit Close, Kirkby in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 8GJ or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE VAN ELLE GROUP OF COMPANIES CONSIDERS ITSELF AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.