Marketing and Communications Manager
Location:Head Office, Pinxton, Nottinghamshire.
The Marketing and Communication Manager leads the Van Elle Marketing team, which works closely with the Business Development and Divisional Operation Teams.
The Marketing and Communications Manager needs to have in-depth knowledge of the Construction Industry, Van Elle’s value proposition including ground engineering services and products the Van Elle Group offer.
Reporting to and working closely with the Business Development Director, the role will include the creation and execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy. The strategy will include raising and maintaining Van Elle’s profile within our key Industries, Branding activities including the Van Elle website, literature, case studies and presentations. Planning, delivering and reviewing of exhibitions and industry events. The strategy will also include PR activities, liaison with the Media and Van Elle’s social media platforms. Mailshots, E-shots, and prospecting activities to existing and new customers to support client retention and new business.
Further duties include developing, supporting and leading the Van Elle marketing team, liaison with external marketing and design companies, attendance at exhibitions and Industry events and other duties as required.
Key duties of the role include:
- Creation of a comprehensive marketing strategy - ensuring the marketing plan remains fit for purpose
- Execution of the marketing strategy in accordance with the changing demands of the business
- Frequent and regular engagement of the construction industry and other specialist media
- Frequent and regular engagement with Industry bodies and trade organisations
- Creation and issuing of all other general business communications / PR as required
- Ensure company branding and standards are adhered to
- Direction and management of all Van Elle social media accounts and Van Elle website
- Measurement and management of Van Elle website to raise web traffic and visitor engagement
- Handling of incoming marketing, commercial and general enquiries
- Planning and coordination of marketing and promotional events. Attendance at events as required.
- Building and dismantling exhibition spaces as required
- Production of literature, brochures, case studies and other marketing materials
- Market research and production of supporting data
- Activities to support the Business Development team and other Sales activities
- Creation of SMART mailshot and e-shot campaigns
- Use of CRM system for activities and reporting
- Attend Client meetings / Industry events
- Marketing experience for a Construction or Industrial B2B company.
- Degree in Marketing or related discipline preferred
- Experience of managing or leading a small team preferred
- Excellent communicator – written and verbally
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and social media platforms including operation and analytics
- Knowledge of the Construction Market and Sectors that Van Elle operate within
- A full UK driving licence is essential as the role will include regular business travel
Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Team player who will manage the marketing team to deliver an improved standard in marketing activities and customer engagement
- Good interpersonal skills: excellent communicator – verbally & written
- Committed and motivated self starter
- Ability to handle and complete multiple tasks concurrently
- Smart appearance and professional manner
- Excellent presentation skills, enthusiastic and energetic
In return the successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary, a profit sharing bonus scheme, a stakeholder pension scheme and 25 days holiday per year.
If you are interested in the above position please apply in writing, enclosing a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, with current salary details and marked Private amp& Confidential to:
Van Elle Limited, Kirkby Lane, Pinxton, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6JA or email: firstname.lastname@example.org