Van Elle successes continue on Highways programmes since exhibiting at the 2019 Highways conference in November
Van Elle met up with over 100 delegates at the Highways UK conference 2019 in early November; discussing recent success and future opportunities on the UK’s road network.
A key part of our presence at this year’s conference was a presentation of our experiences on SMART motorways, a well attended event that sparked debate regarding commercial collaboration with key specialist contractors and the Tier 1 contractors.
Utilisation of our Colmars from the rail team in the Highways environment.
The event provided a great platform to meet key customers, and catch up with contacts. The opportunity to present our capabilities and innovations has meant we are already receiving new enquiries as well as follow-up meetings with new customers, keen to find out even more of what we can offer.
Since exhibiting at the conference we have been working hard on the following schemes, across the various disciplines we have to offer:
- M1 – J13 to 16 - Costain Galliford Try JV – installing foundations to support minor structures and gantries for the SMART Motorway scheme, utilising our Soilmec STM20 Lorry Mounted rigs and multidiscipline Hutte 207’s.
- M4 – J8/9 to 12 - Balfour Beatty VINCI JV – delivering foundation solutions for the construction of gantries. This scheme sees us utilising plant and equipment from across the Van Elle group.
- M6 – J13 to 15 - Kier – installing piled foundations for gantries and minor structures to upgrade the stretch of motorway between Stafford and Newcastle-Under-Lyme to a SMART Motorway.
- M20 J3 to 5 – Kier – we are providing piles for the gantry bases for the SMART Motorway schemes that will provide vital information for road users.
- M27 - Bam Morgan Sindall JV – providing both ground investigation services and piling solutions; working cross-divisional within the business to provide foundations for gantry lanes and minor structures.
- M27 – MWAY Communications – providing foundations for Radar communications utilising our Colmar road rail vehicles and various piling attachments. Their ability to drive between locations, and minimal temporary works for piling mats on the verge, saves on the time and expense associated with mobilisations.
- A428 - Skanska – ground investigation work for the future development of the Black Cat to Caxton route improvements, including roundabouts, bridges and other minor structures.
Matt Love, Preconstruction Director for Van Elle commented:
“Working on a variety of Highways projects has allowed us to demonstrate the breadth of capability we have at our disposal through our fleet of specifically engineered piling rigs, including road rail vehicles that we are using in the highways environment to improve safety and drive efficiencies.”