Site Environmental Awareness Training
The CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Course is a one day training course, which is a new part of the CITB Construction Skills Site Safety Plus range of training courses delivered through a network of CITB accredited training providers
The SEATS training course will provide delegates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites. The course has been designed to provide the basic environmental knowledge that sub-contractors are required to know and demonstrate to major contractors. It will include the environmental aspects of the new Health, Safety and Environment touch screen test.
The SEATS training course is aimed at staff with management or supervisory responsibilities on a construction site, including site managers, site supervisors, site foreman, site agents and those with design or purchasing responsibilities.
Key elements of the SEATS training course will be:
- The significance and importance of the environment
- A basic understanding of Environmental Management Systems
- Site waste management
- Prevention of pollution and water management
- Use of energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor and a good neighbour - including statutory nuisance, communications, archaeology and heritage
- The SEATS training course is delivered through classroom based tutorials and case studies, and will include a multiple-choice test